Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2012 in Review

2012 was probably one of the most action-packed years for me I...

Wrote a ninety-page senior thesis. I pulled a lot of all-nighters, ate a lot of really bad food and lived in a constant state of anxiety for about six months, and even though I still occasionally have nightmares where I am asked to add a new chapter or defend it, I am starting to gain enough distance that I can look back and see what an accomplishment it actually was.

Me in the stacks.

The beautiful spring morning I finished my thesis.

Graduated from college.


Toured churches in Montreal and Quebec with my college singing group. Visited many a hotel bar.

Hotel Saint James, Montreal

Postcard of the Chateau Frontenac, Quebec, circa 1910

Moved to Chicago.


Had the awesome privilege of being part of President Obama's grassroots campaign in Chicago. I couldn't imagine working with a more diverse and inspiring group of people. The commitment and passion of the movement was incredible, and I am proud to be a part of this moment of history.

Election Night at McCormick Center, Chicago

Started working for Barbour Chicago. As a long time fan of the brand, I am so happy to be a part of the first-ever Chicago store. I also got to model some clothes at a neighborhood fashion show, which means I can start telling people at parties that I'm a part-time model, right?

The eleven Barbour jackets in our apartment. Embarrassing?

Celebrated my first Christmas away from home, and my first Christmas with Andrew.

Christmas Eve cocktails at the Four Seasons

Here's to 2013 holding just as much excitement. If this is any indicator then we are off to a good start:



No comments:

Post a Comment